You’re ending coverage for everyone on your plan
You can end coverage for everyone on your Marketplace plan, like if everyone gets coverage from another source, or for some other reason.
If you’re ending coverage for everyone on the application after your coverage has started, your termination can take effect as soon as 14 days from the day you cancel. Your health insurance company will collect premiums for this final two-week period of coverage. You can set the Marketplace coverage end date to a day more than 14 days in the future — like if you know your new coverage will start on the first day of the following month, and that’s more than two weeks away.
If you’re the only one covered on your plan, you’ll also use these instructions.
- Log into your Marketplace account.
- Click “Start a new application or update an existing one.”
- Click on your name in the top right of the screen, and select “My applications & coverage.”
- Select your application under “Your existing applications.”
- On the left, select “My Plans & Programs.”
- Select the red button “End (Terminate) All Coverage” at the bottom.
- Select the date you want to end your coverage (as soon as 14 days from the current date).
- Check the attestation box.
- Click the red “Terminate Coverage” button.
A red “Terminated” or “Canceled” status should appear above the plan you ended.
You can also end your plan for all household members by phone. Contact the Marketplace Call Center.